Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let the lovin', let the lovin' come back to me

Whew. This week kicked my ass. It had everything. Bitchy librarians, long days at the office, tons of homework, angry ranting professors, bad hair days, no downtime, no lunch dates, no sleep...yeah I think that covered everything...
But my resolution for this semester, I have to keep reminding myself, is not to beat myself up over every little thing I can't control. Lots and lots of little great things happened to me this week.
1. I got published twice this week! You may recall the news article I wrote earlier this week, but today at my internship, I wrote a blog entry and they published it immediately! I'm so happy I'm finally hitting the nail on the head on the first try. My first blog for them took like, 12 edits to get right.
2. The WEATHER. Can we talk about the weather? It was SO beautiful this week. And yes, it will rain and go away for a while, but even just to have a taste of spring before it actually happened was so nice.
3. For the first time in a while, I'm becoming consumed with religion and spirituality. I would love to discuss this with other people. I'm not a particularly religious person, but religion has always fascinated me. Taking on the religion beat for my journalism class seems to be the only shining light in the dark, hellish abyss that is that class.
4. Despite my strong dislike for my journalism class, I have decided that I still want to write. Before, I wasn't sure if I had the abilities in me to still write and report, or if the enjoyment had completely been sucked out of it for me, but I really do love it. I have many more writing plans brewing that I won't reveal at this time...
5. My internship is over! That means FOUR-DAY WEEKENDS!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I should probably get a job. HM.
WOW. Now that you're totally caught up on my life, wanna see what I wore today?
Cardigan: Old Navy, Tank: Thrifted, Belt: Thrifted, Jeans: Hollister, reconstructed
This necklace is pretty rad. I don't know what it's made of, all I know is that I got it at a vintage store over the summer.
And I am wearing the hell out of this $1 belt. I'm going back to Salvation Army this weekend, perhaps to stock up on more!
How Alice felt after she ate the "Eat Me" cake.
Like my grass carpet? It sheds like crazy, but it's the closest I've gotten to nature this whole semester. Is that sad?
Well, I thought I was having kind of an off week, but when I look closer, the little things really do make me sublimely happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment