Tuesday, February 9, 2010

oh the weather outside is frightful...

Well. Not YET. Hopefully, not ever. I cannot express to you how much I LOATHE the snow. I really really don't like it. And so far this year, we haven't really gotten a ton (I'm in Long Island at school), like the Snowpocolypse that we were supposed to get this weekend? Pfft, didn't happen. Lies. But they are so certain that Snowpocolypse 2: The Real Deal is supposed to hit us, that they went ahead and canceled school. Hey, I'm not complaining. I have internship on Wednesdays, so I don't have classes anyway. And if it actually does snow, I'll be working from home (which is what I'm banking on right about now, because I don't want to wake up at 7:45 am, thanks.)
I just hope that whatever weather happens, happens tomorrow, and then we're done. Because I've got some amazing Valentine's plans, and I don't want to have to delay them because of the SNOWWWW. Ugh.
Anyway! Outfits:
Shirt: Vintage, Jeans: J.Crew, Shoes: Jessica Simpson (originally from Macy's) (I wear these shoes alot, don't I? Hmm.)
Hmmm. Notice something missing? Yup. No more tv. That thing was soooooo old. And one of its cables was all shredded up and kept falling out of the socket. Yeah. It's for the best. I can now devote more time to reading and going for walks and things like that. I can also use this as an excuse to catch up on all my missed shows on hulu. I watched Glee for the first time last night. UHH amazing show that I was totally missing out on! geez. I'm the last to know about cool things, it seems. OK. So this shirt is the shirt that I got at Bon Marche Thrift Shop for $10. It fits me PERFECTLY. If it didn't fit me so perfectly, I would've had a hard time handing over the money for it, since the pattern is pretty loud. But the shop owner saw me in it, and LOVED it. So I had to get it. It's from the 1960's, and it saw the light of day for the first time in god knows how long today. Sigh. Also, I made these last night. Sorry for not getting a picture of me wearing them or even a before pic. I'm really bad. They used to fall just below my knee. So...kinda flattering but not really. These are just about fingertip-length. Very very cute. I'm always happy when I can make my favorite clothes from high school live on as new creations.
So bundle up and enjoy the snow tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment