Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chelsea Market

Whew! Just got back from spending my Sunday in NYC with my mom. What an awesome trip this was. She comes down to visit about twice every semester, and we go into the city and we always do something different. In the year and a half that I've been at school, we've gone ice skating in Rockefeller Center, seen the Radio City Christmas show, went to the MoMA, visited her old apartment in Brooklyn, gone to Coney Island to the aquarium, and gone to Astoria to visit our favorite Greek specialty food market, Titan. It's really wonderful. We're already planning our next big city extravaganza, going to Chinatown and Little Italy, probably sometime in April. I'm so lucky my mom knows the city so well.
Anyway, this time we went to Chelsea Market and then we went to see the Broadway musical, South Pacific! Here are (some of) the pictures I took of Chelsea Market before my camera died:
My mom's name is Eleni. This bakery had cupcakes and cookies with the actors and actresses nominated for this year's Oscars on them! I really wanted a Meryl Streep cupcake.
We got gelato after lunch! Mine's on the left. It was chocolate-chili gelato. Very interesting flavor. The chili aftertaste BURNED my mouth. Luckily, mom shared her mint-chip-and-chocolate gelato with me.
And this is what I wore:
Coat: Wilson's Leather, Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: Thrifted, Gloves: J.Crew, Purse: Anthropologie
Oh what a fun day. I would really prefer not to go back to internship tomorrow. :( wah.

2 comments:

  1. i was just visiting NYC and had lunch at the Diner in the background! it was okay...they don't make a decent malt there, which surprised me.
    love the photos you posted...reminded me of all of the places i just visited!
    xoxo alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That's so cool that you were just there!
    What an awesome part of the city.

    ReplyDelete